The weekend edition of the “Wall Street Journal”:http://wsj.com/ had an amusing editorial entitled “The Wrong Address” by Lionel Shriver. The site requires a subscription, but a free trial may be available. To find it, just do an article search for “hate AOL.”
* “I did it! I cancelled AOL.”
* “For years I’d kept this dinosaur ISP….”
* “…you gotta admire any software that spews such a tropical array of error messages.”
* “Humiliating nursery-school graphics.”
* “Constant updates of a program whose ballooning size is in inverse proportion to its functionality.”
I was an AOL member back in the day, when they were new, hip and fun. Only a handful of years later, they seem old and clingy.